This getting started tutorial covers the process for upgrading the Ethernet Application firmware for a Lexium MDrive Ethernet TCP/IP product. with a Kinetis K64 processor.
- Lexium MDrive
- Lexium MDrive Linears
- Lexium MDrive with Absolute Encoder
Before you begin
This upgrade procedure is for Lexium MDrive models with a Kinetis K64 processor using the 2.4.x.x firmware.
The following prerequisite steps are required before performing a firmware upgrade on your Lexium MDrive Ethernet TCP/IP product.
- Download and install the Lexium MDrive Software Suite.
- Download and extract the Ethernet Application Firmware file.
- From the Lexium Software Suite main screen install, then open, the TCP/IP Configuration Utility.
- Connect to the Lexium MDrive Ethernet TCP/IP product as you normally would.
- Verify the connection by clicking the “Read All” button on the TCP/IP Configuration Utility screen.
- Click the “Upgrade!” menu item.
- On the dialog, enter the upgrade code: “3653900”
- The upgrade process will begin. Wait until the counter reaches 100%.
- Close the dialog. Reconnect to the Lexium MDrive product.
- The firmware version field, located in the lower-left of the Ethernet TCP/IP Configuration Utility screen, should display the current version.
When it comes to your form, fit and function requirements, don’t settle. Get precisely what you need working with us. We know motion.
Contact us with any questions about how we can help you with your motion application or for assistance with your IMS products.