Liberty MDrive Dual Port
Robust Liberty* MDrive products integrate 1.8° 2-phase stepper motors with onboard drive electronics, a controller with up to 8 I/O and now features dual ethernet capability. The “Dual Port” option is available on NEMA 23 and NEMA 34 Liberty MDrive products featuring M12 connectors. Feedback options include open loop, or closed loop with a 1000 line (4000 counts/rev) incremental or multi-turn absolute encoder. Both encoder options feature hMT closed loop performance.*Previously Lexium
Frequently Asked Questions
- What application protocols are supported by the Dual Port Liberty* MDrive product?
The Dual Port Liberty* MDrive product supports Ethernet/IP, Modbus/TCP, and Profinet.
- Does the Dual Port Liberty* MDrive product work with existing cable options?
Yes, the Dual Port Liberty* MDrive product is compatible with existing cable options (MD-CS610-000 (I/O), MD-CS620-000 (Power), and MD-CS640-000 (Communication)). The Dual Port Liberty* MDrive product also requires the use of an interconnect communication cable, part number MD-CS670-0XX. The interconnect communication cable is available in 0.5m (1.6 ft), 1.0m (3.3 ft), and 3.0m (10 ft) lengths.
- Are right angle cables available?
Yes, right angle cable options are also available, see below for corresponding part numbers:
– MD-CS611-000 (I/O)
– MD-CS621-000 (Power)
– MD-CS641-000 (Communication (RJ 45 to M12))
– MD-CS671-0XX (Interconnect communication cable (M12 to M12))
Note: The interconnect communication cable is available in 0.5m (1.6 ft), 1.0m (3.3 ft), and 3.0m (10 ft) lengths.
- What products feature the Dual Port option?
he Dual Port option is currently available on all NEMA 23 and NEMA 34 Liberty* MDrive Ethernet products featuring M12 connectors.
- What is the purpose of the Dual Port option?
The Dual Port option provides a secondary “pass through” communication port to simplify multi-unit wiring (daisy-chain).
- What certifications are available for the Dual Port Liberty* MDrive product?
The Dual Port Liberty* MDrive product supports the same certifications as the standard Liberty* MDrive product (CE, UL, etc.). Certifications are available on our Certifications and Sustainability webpage: https://novantaims.com/dloads/certificationssustainability/
- How will the Dual Port Liberty* MDrive product impact the wiring in my application?
The Dual Port Liberty* MDrive product will help limit communication cable lengths and runs to the main switch. The Dual Port Liberty* MDrive product may also reduce the number of required ports on the main switch due to the multi-unit (daisy chain) wiring configuration.
- Does the Dual Port option impact the mechanical dimensions of the Liberty* MDrive product?
The Dual Port option required a slight increase to the overall length of the product compared to standard single port Ethernet units with M12 connectors. The Dual Port option did not impact the products width or height.
- What is the Ingress Protection (IP) rating of the Dual Port Liberty* MDrive product?
Dual Port Liberty* MDrive rotary products have an IP rating of 65. Dual Port Liberty* MDrive linear have an IP rating of 20.
Liberty MDrive Products
Built on the Liberty MDrive platform with the addition of external linear mechanicals
When it comes to your form, fit and function requirements, don’t settle. Get precisely what you need working with us. We know motion.
Contact us with any questions about how we can help you with your motion application or for assistance with your IMS products.